Application to Adopt
- This application was designed to help us get to know you and to help you find the right dog for your family. If some of the questions seem personal, that's because the more we know about you the more confident we will feel considering you to adopt one of our foster dogs or referring you to a dog available elsewhere. Please feel free to ask questions of your own.
- You will be asked to list at least one and at most three of our current fosters and tell us why do you think they are a good match. Please, review their profiles carefully before selecting.
- We will not accept applications without at least one dog listed.
- This application will be considered and reviewed if, and only if, your profile matches one of the dogs listed. You will be notified by a representative if your home is considered a match and the next steps.
- If you are not a match, your application will be kept on file for 6 months. During that 6 months, please reach out to the adoption team if you would like to express interest for a dog that came into our care.
- You may also wish to consider becoming a foster for NYCSR. To the best of our ability, we match foster dogs to homes like we do our adoptions. And, the best part of fostering is if your foster dog is a match to your home and family, you will have the first opportunity to adopt him or her. If you would like to learn more about this, please check here
- You will be asked to provide names and phone numbers of two references that are NOT family members. Have them ready before we begin - you cannot submit the application without providing this information.
- This application will take a while to complete.
If you prefer, you can always download the form and either
- fax it to 212-658-9657
- or mail it to
P O Box 20271
Greeley Square Station
New York, NY 10001
Ready to begin?